You will find a tutorial about Woices and its operation in the help pages.
First time you want to use Woices, you must create an account.
Click on Join woices in the upper right side menu and fill the form.
Your account will be created immediately.
When registered, you can start to create your first echo.
An echo is an audio record that explains something about a location on the map.
In Public Art Project echoes will be descriptions of public art works, written and recorded by participants.
Before creating an echo, you should prepare carefully all the information you will need:
- Title of public art work.
- Description (including author, history, meaning, size, materials, shape...). We highly recommend to write the description in a text editor. Later you can copy and paste it in the Description field when creating the echo.
- Picture of the public art work taken by you.
- We recommend that you record the words of the description in an audio editor -like Audacity- and save it as a mp3 file.
To create an echo in Woices, you should follow 3 steps:
2. Fill the form. Write the title. Paste the description you have written before. Upload a picture. Select English as a language and write publicart in the tags box.
3. Upload your audio file. Otherwise you can record the description using the recording tool provided in Woices.
After clicking on Send it! arrow, your echo is released and looks like this:
Through the links in the section "More actions" -on the right side- you can edit your echo or delete it.
Finally, there is still one more thing to do: share your echo with other participants in the project.
To share your echo, you will need its URL, which is displayed in the navigation bar of your browser:
Copy the URL and post it to firstname.lastname@example.org.